The Institute is located on the South side of De Crespigny Park in Camberwell. The road is named after Claude Champion De Crespigny, a Huguenot (French Protestant), who left France with his English wife in 1685 to escape persecution following the Edict of Fontainebleau, also known as the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes. They lived in Champion Lodge, in what is now Champion Hill where King's College Hall (of residence) is located. Part of their estate's Northern boundary wall can still be seen in Love Walk (see image on right). The estate included the present day Ruskin Park, named after John Ruskin who lived in the area for about 50 years from the early 1820's. De Crespigny Park is a turning off Denmark Hill which is thought to be named after Prince George of Denmark, husband of Queen Anne, who came to the area to hunt during the late 17th and early 18th centuries. He stayed in a house on the site of the Fox on the Hill, and kept his hounds nearby on Dog Kennel Hill.